Office for Learning and Teaching
The Office for Learning and Teaching promotes and supports change in higher education institutions for the enhancement of learning and teaching.
Its responsibilities include:
- providing grants to academics and professional staff to explore, develop and implement innovations in learning and teaching and to develop leadership capabilities
- commissioning work on issues of strategic significance to the higher education sector to inform policy development and practice in relation to learning and teaching
- managing a suite of awards to celebrate, recognise and value teaching excellence and programs that enhance student learning
- funding fellowships and secondments for leading educators to address significant national educational issues
- disseminating resources on innovations in learning and teaching
- supporting the development of effective mechanisms for the embedding of good practice in learning and teaching in Australian higher education
- encouraging collaboration and sharing of good practice for improved student learning outcomes and
- facilitating networking and professional development opportunities for academics and professional staff.
The Office for Learning and Teaching is part of the Department of Education and Training.