Conditions of Entry
By submitting an application you are agreeing to these conditions:
- All applications must be received on an official entry form by the stated deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- By entering an application you are verifying that the information contained within the application is true to the best of your knowledge.
- By entering an application you confirm that you have read and understood the; “Guidance Notes for Participants” and the “Category Criteria” (with all requested information included within your application), and understand that submitting this application indicates that you accept the rules of the Awards and the Conditions of Entry.
2 Year Rule - Initiatives which won or were highly commended in the previous 2 years will not be considered for this year’s awards, unless they can provide evidence of further, significant improvement since the last application and this improvement is clearly documented in the application form. They could also consider applying to the Sustainability Institution of the Year category provided that there is evidence of further improvement since the last Award. Other initiatives from the institutions concerned, or ones which were previously submitted but unsuccessful, can be re-submitted, again with the condition that they provide documented evidence of further, significant improvements since the previous submission.
Minimum font size for the form text is Arial size 10pt.
- Third party organisations may enter on behalf on an institution, but an institution employee must approve the application. Any such listings, including the Award, will use the institution's name and not the third party organisation, unless when filling out the application form, and working with a third party, you have stated how the partnership should be named in the communication, if selected, as a Finalist.
- Applications must be for an individual institution initiative and not for wider sector initiatives. Applications recognising collaboration from multiple institutions are welcomed but must have a leading institution. We recognise that partnerships can have a significant role to solving sustainability issues and these will be recognised – if appropriate - in the form of a group/partnership name.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to refuse an entry if the rules have not been met.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to audit winning applications to ensure that claims made are fully justified.
- Applicants, by applying, agree to disseminate good practice to the sector and this information will be in the public domain.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to submit under the appropriate category. The Awards organisers will not move entries between categories even if they feel a different category is more appropriate, unless in exceptional circumstances.
- The Awards’ organisers have the right to refuse applicants for a specific category if insufficient entries are received. Applicants will receive 3 working days’ notice to resubmit their application to an alternative category.
- The Awards organisers will aim to provide generic feedback on unsuccessful applicants. However, due to the number of applications and sheer volume, this cannot be guaranteed and specific feedback cannot be provided.
- Whilst not mandatory*, all finalists are encouraged to submit a short 2-minute animation. This can take the form of a video, vlog, infographics or other, as part of their commitment for dissemination to the wider sector. *Finalists of the International categories: Benefitting Society, Student Engagement and Sustainability Institution of the Year Award are required to complete this element as part of their entry.
- Entries are accepted from any legal entity within the post-16 education sector residing within the UK and Ireland. All applications will be governed by the same rules and no preferential treatment will be given. If you are an institution outside of the UK and Ireland then you can enter a regional Green Gown Award (e.g. Australasia, French speaking Europe and Canada) or if outside of those regions enter the International Green Gown Awards.
- The Awards organiser’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.