Stage 2 Entries
The EAUC is delighted to announce the finalists for the Green Gown Awards 2019.
The Green Gown Awards is a two stage application process. The benefits of a two stage process are to make it easier for applicants; to enable a feedback process to achieve a more uniform quality in the applications seen by the full judging panel; and to allow recognition of a greater number of initiatives (through publication of a considerable number of finalists).
Stage 1 involved a short application form. A panel of sector experts assessed these to produce a list of finalists for each category. Stage 1 applications closed on 5 June 2019. All finalists are now invited to submit a fuller application for Stage 2 and the deadline for submission is Wednesday 11 September 2019 at NOON. These will then be assessed by the judging panel with experts from both inside and outside tertiary education at a special ‘judgement day’ on 1 October 2019. This panel will select winning, and where appropriate highly commended, entries for each category from the list of finalists. The Awards will be announced and presented at the Green Gown Awards Ceremony to be held on 26 November 2019 at Glasgow Science Centre, Glasgow. Book your tickets now!
Information for Stage 2 finalist candidates only
Congratulations on becoming a finalist for the Green Gown Awards 2019. Below follows information on what you need to do next to submit your stage 2 applications.
- SEND US YOUR INSTITUTION'S LOGO AND PROJECT/HEADSHOT PHOTO BY 26 JULY
- SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED STAGE 2 FORM BY NOON 11 SEPTEMBER
- SUBMIT YOUR MEDIA CLIP BY NOON 11 SEPTEMBER
Who can enter Stage 2?
Only those candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 (finalists) may enter Stage 2.
How to enter
- Please be sure to complete the pre-application checklist before submitting your application
- Ensure you have read the guidance notes and the FAQs
- Your Stage 2 application form has been sent to you separately via email. This contains your Stage 1 application form, the judges' feedback on your Stage 1 application (suggesting ways to improve upon and include in your Stage 2 entry) and the Stage 2 questions. Enter the Stage 2 information (addressing the judges' questions, include a quote from your VC/Principal on "what it means to win" and answer the remaining questions) and then save the document. You must submit your completed Stage 2 entry on this form and in Word format only. The only exceptions to this are:
- the Total Reporting category where there is no Stage 2 submission, however, if you have updated your URL link since submitting, you do need to fill in an updated form (this would have been sent to you via email) and return to us by 7 August 2019. On judging day your already submitted Stage 1 submission and (updated) URL link(s) will be used.
- the Outstanding Leadership Team of the Year - where the top 3 successful Finalists are invited to present live at the Awards Ceremony. Guests will vote for the winner on the night via online voting and the winner will be announced at the Awards Ceremony. Successful applicants have been informed.
- To save you time, we have eliminated the marketing information form and the case study form. Information you submitted in your stage 1 application form will be used for your Finalists' Brochure page listing and to create your case study.
- You must send us your logo and a photograph (in high resolution - a minimum of 300dpi) to email@example.com by 12 noon on Friday 26 July 2019. (Please note: if we do not receive this information by this date you may be excluded from the Finalists’ Brochure.)
- Remember to send your completed Stage 2 applications by 12 noon on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
Need inspiration? Visit our resource bank where you'll find a range of inspirational materials to help you pick up some hints and tips for your application, gain motivation from case studies from previous winners and encourage you to submit a winning application.
Before you submit your application, please ensure you have read the checklist:
- I have read and understand the Stage 2 Guidance Notes for Participants and understand that submitting this application indicates that I accept the rules of the awards and the conditions of entry.
- I am familiar with the category criteria.
- I have fully completed the Stage 2 application form (the form is emailed directly to all finalists) and it is no longer than 2 A4 sides long (excluding cover page – so 3 pages in total for Stage 2). Please note that your Stage 1 application form is locked and only Stage 2 pages are to be updated. It is saved in Word format ready to email. Any Stage 2 applications over 2 A4 sides long (excluding cover page) or received in PDF format will not be accepted. Please note that on Stage 2 judging day, judges will be looking at your Stage 1 application entry, their feedback to you on improvements/suggestions to include in your Stage 2 entry, your response to this and your Stage 2 application.
- I will attach my institution’s logo and project logo (if the project has one) or one promotional photograph (duly labelled). The marketing information is saved in Word format ready to email (PDF format will not be accepted) and I note the format required for the logos/photographs (landscape for projects/logos and portrait for head shots of individual finalists). I will ensure to send in my logo (and project logo if there is one) or a project related photograph (in high resolution – a minimum of 300 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 26 July 2019. (Please note: if we do not receive this information by this date you may be excluded from the Finalists’ Brochure.)
- I acknowledge that no supporting material is required with my Stage 2 application.
- All entries for the Green Gown Awards Stage 2 applications are to be sent via email in the Word templates provided to email@example.com before 12 noon on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
- I acknowledge that the Stage 1 form contains some promotional material on the Green Gown Awards 2019 which I am able to use for my own marketing and promotional purposes. I will send a copy of any such materials generated to the Green Gown Awards Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will remember to send in my 2-minute maximum project media clip (animation, vlog, or video) by 11 September 2019.
Encourage others to replicate your initiatives!
One of the key aims of the Green Gown Awards is the focus on the dissemination of all the great initiatives being run by the finalists. We hope that by creating awareness about these projects, others will be encouraged and motivated to replicate within their own institutions. Although not a requirement for your application submission, each finalist is expected to submit a short media clip about their project.
We create a case study for you based on the Stage 1 information submitted. The case study is a copy of your Finalists' Brochure entry. Please note this is not a part of your stage 2 submission.
Media Clip - animation/vlog/video - to be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Make it short, catchy and snappy!
Whilst this is note a part of your stage 2 submission we do encourage as many Finalists as possible to create some form of media clip about their shortlisted entry. If you are a Finalist in one of the international categories (Benefitting Society, Sustainability Institution of the Year and Student Engagement, then please note that winning entry media clips will be shown at the International Awards Ceremony 2020 (date/venue TBC).
Below are the guidelines around creating your media clip. They are not set in stone and allow you to be as flexible as you wish. For examples and inspiration of other case studies and videos, please visit the sharing of excellence library. We ask you to top and tail your short media clip with information on the Green Gown Awards category you submitted (Green Gown Awards 2019 logo and category name). Deadline for receipt of your media clip is 11 September 2019 (you are welcome to submit before the deadline). Please note this is not a part of your stage 2 submission.
International Green Gown Awards
The Green Gown Awards are run in the UK, Australasia and French speaking Europe and Canada and the rest of the world known collectively as the International Green Gown Awards, and endorsed by the UN Environment. The winners from each region go head to head for a coveted International Award. Visit here to see which categories are included in the International Green Gown Awards.
If you have any questions about the Green Gown Awards submission process please view our comprehensive list of frequently asked questions or contact the Green Gown Awards team at email@example.com.
To see all the Green Gown Award Categories and the full criteria click here.
By applying for the Green Gown Awards at Stage 1 you have agreed to the conditions of entry which is still valid for Stage 2.